Sunday, March 11, 2007

Black Star...

4 September 2005

This weekend's been rather interesting: a black star'd plagued me and me mates. Andrew on Friday, Aaron on Saturday and me on Sunday.

Woke up as usual - somewhere in the afternoon (mornings don't count, those cases it's just up, reply texts, back to bed - darn it I really need to get back to work!) to find that our woggie has a new cage.

Never let your dog watch prison escape movies or they'll dismantle the cage overnight.

The new cage was already fixed up and I'd to dismantle the old one - super rusty to the point where even copious amounts of WD40, pliers, and Allen keys took 2 hours on what would have been a half-hour job. Better yet, somewhere 4.30pm Joo Ann called.

"Eh where are you ar?"

"Ur, at home la. Why?"

"At home. Why aren't you at the weight management training."

"Oshit! Is that today? What date is it today?"

"The 4th la. What did you think?"

"I thought it was tomorrow!"

"Tomorrow Monday la."

"Ya-lar! I thought tomorrow is the 4th! Oshit!"

"Haiyar. Nevermind la I try and look for your certificate."

Well. At least the gist of it went something like that. And I'd paid up my membership in August mainly to get into the Weight Management Training Program free. Other factors include that since I'm gonna go back to retailing I might as well be a MPS member and bum up on CME points (hah!), plus MPS charge members cheaper to renew their ARC. Grrr.

Come dinnertime decided to drop by Taman Tun's pasar malam while waiting for our take-away orders (kung pow chicken and a personal Pizza Hut Vegetarian). First impression: small as seems like only one street length, and majority of the stalls sell fruits. Where are the drinks? The food? Upon reaching the end of the street I finally come across 2 fishmongers and an Indian butcher. Upon doubling back I notice the pasar malam branching off. Remapping the pasar malam: divided into 3 sections: fruits (duku langsat in season), drinks (honey sea coconut - yum!), food (salted and buttered corn, apam baliks, char tow kuey...the list is endless). No pirated CD/VCD/DVD peddler, though.

Arg. TTDI Zaaba's Ramlee burger stall not open on Sunday. Hunger pangs. Thankfully chicken biscuits from Ipoh still available.

No comments: