Friday, March 9, 2007

Cave Time

8 June 2005

Cave time. Now something we've been doing all this while finally has a simple name. Cave time is you quality time alone or spent by yourself. It's the time you take to unwind from the stress of the day, which is why I probably don't get enough sleep at night.

Most of my cave time comes at night, especially midnight onwards. Everyone's asleep and it's quiet. Man, just reading a book at that time with a good cuppa caffeine is bliss. Me cave time isn't limited to the wee hours of the night nor to the household, but it's the best time for me to catch up on things I wanna do but hadn't time earlier on. Guess I can't sleep if I'd left it undone or untouched.

At work, me cave time comes during lunch. Save the few times I've lunched with me Guardian colleagues, I always dine alone with me book. That way I find lunch is done within half-hour with time to spare for a walkabout. Not that I don't like eating with people, but I seldom do it.

Other necessary cave times: the monthly 'posh place' meal, the 'bookstore browse', the occasional 'mall mooch'. Posh place not necessary darn expensive place like San Francisco's Steakhouse, but just someplace I don't eat often e.g. some pasta place (most of the time this is due to a meal costing over RM20!).

Am I overdoing the cave time or am I just a plain sociopath?

No comments: