Friday, March 9, 2007

Day 1 Of Freedom!

1 July 2005

Very eventful day, thanks to the good people we hang about with! Lots of possible activities but we made it rather impromptu.

After Starbucks in the mornin' 'twas brunch (for me) of chicken rice and the works at Kepong (RM24 for 4 ppl), followed by a DotA quickie (sorry Andrew! One day it will no longer be a 3-on-1, when everyone else is much better!), then straight on to MidValley to get ticks for War of the Worlds. 'Tis a shame no one at Midvalley's arcade plays Rival Schools 2 seriously, I miss the competition a la Street Fighter Alpha 3 at Endah Parade (now that really kept my nights entertained!).

Dinner with Phei Lin and 'Drew before the movie at Little Vietnam, must say the food's ok, nothing special but nothing to complain. As for the show...it didn't disappoint. After all I've already read the book a couple of times and know what to expect. For me the show was for comparing the differences between book and film (with additional background music running through my head courtesy of Jeff Wayne). To all who have yet to watch the show and think of doing so: it's best you know the ending or have read the book! Otherwise prepare to feel let down in regards to the ending! Think...the ending for Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring.

Oh yes, must not park at Zone E of Midvalley. Came out from the parking and the first shop I saw was a Auntie Anne pretzel shop. Couldn't get my mind off it and so after movie helped myself to a Chocolate Mint with Glaze Dip (I guess I'm just after the dip, any type of pretzel would have done) and watch Phei Lin and 'Drew make their way through their lemonades. Points to ponder: both my dinner (Hue-styled noodles) and love of lemonade showed something of who I am - weird. Hmmm. >:)

Back home after movie for a quick shower and change and it's off to test the Bomberman on the PS2 - for 4 players! Not as fast as Atomic Bomberman for PC, but just as fun. And the night was spent without alcohol of any sort. Cor! Best way to end the day? I forgot to tell the parents that the trip to Genting was postponed to a fortnight or so (due to lack of people), and was almost locked out of the house. Good thing managed to get me father to unlock the inside latch and let me in!

Once again, thanks guys for a great first Day of Freedom!

No comments: