Friday, March 9, 2007

Day 2 Of Freedom! Rediscovering Klang

1 July 2005

Oh man, Klang had some surprises for me. Couldn't stand it anymore, the call of the bah kut teh (BKT) was too strong. Had Aaron and Andrew join me for BKT at Teluk Pulai (yum!) before we made a tour of Klang/Port Klang. First off, the Esplanade. Being the terrible tour guide-cum-driver that I am we ended up visiting North Port before finding Esplanade. Then made a mistake of going to Westport (the fact that we'd seen Northport did not enter my dense head what to expect from Westport...) and I'd ended up wasting an hour of our lives (sorry fellas).

Into Klang Town! Whoa! Demolished building! Ocean supermarket replaced by Billion supermarket?! New construction of Islamic architecture opposite GAMA! Klang Cendol now has new signpost (but no customers). Of course, upon paying the cashier asked, "3 cendol biasa?" and that got me thinking, "Got other kinds?".

Journey had began at 8.45am and we'd made it back by 12.50pm. The morning is complete.

No comments: