Friday, March 9, 2007

It's Alive! It's Alive!

22 June 2005

Much rejoicing! Our MD player is finally fixed!

Quick summary: some 5 months' ago (or probably longer) audio files couldn't be downloaded from me PC to me MD player. Initially thought the problem to be due to either the current version of SonicStage or the desktop, but it wasn't. Brought MD player to Sony Centre at BU for repair. Was quoted some RM35 for service charges alone. Aiks. Couple of days later was told that problem was due to weak optic receiver and repairs cost RM230. Gah! Gave them the green light for repairs in any case.

And now, we've loads of CDs to transfer to MDs! Coldplay X&Y tops the list, Keane, Lighthouse Family, updating our mixed playlists...hurrah! No need to listen to Mix FM or Hitz FM or resorting to Light & Easy/Red FM/Radio 5 etc.

Quick check says the amount of audio files I have (average kbps of 128-192) sum up to just over 6GB. Hmmm. Seems like an iPod 10GB is enough, isn't it? But I haven't converted all my CDs to audio files yet. And there's the other family CDs still sitting aside...prob and iPod 40GB to be safe. But nah, shouldn't be anytime soon, me Sony MD player and Network Walkman (once I get it a new battery) still going strong!

No comments: