Friday, March 9, 2007

Day 9 Of Freedom!

10 July 2005

Got up early to finish household chores, gone down to the Maxis centre to change me phone line to me own account (hurrah, finally MMS-able!), dumped laundry into washing machine and back to Sg Wang to check out Nintendo DS prices once again after Andrew had found out which shop his friend had gotten it from. Been 'round most stores, but this time the tagline was better: NDS price quote RM450. Games understood to be somewhere RM150 or more. But when the whole package was calculated, it came up to RM740. Eh? Cause of discrepancy? Battery and charger! He'd left out the price of that!

Went back home with money still intact in wallet.

Come evening was trip down to Klang for Randall's birthday party. Me mum wanted me to send some things down to a churchmember's place, which was fine...as a result, now my car reeks of durians, not your ripe, sweet fleshy variant. This durian smell is weird by my books. Things did not improve as I was caught in horrible traffic jam! As a point of reference as to how bad: it took 30 minutes or so just to move from just before the first flyover to the roundabout heading into Eng Ann! Thankfully remembered the side roads necessary to keep on moving and managed to make it to Edward's house in slightly under 2 hours.

Oh, upon reaching Randall's place the food has already been cleared away. He was informed that we'd already had 'big dinners' beforehand, which was actually Edward who had had a heavy lunch. But it was very pai seh to have Randall's father go out and gotten us a bucket of KFC to compensate for the lack of food! Even Aik Yong managed to reach Randall's place much earlier than me, after getting me call about bad Klang jam and then using the Kesas highway instead.

Rest of the night was good: cans of Heineken, bottle of Bicardi, into his room where guitar and songs made it through till 2am. Went back with slightly scratchy voice (gonna stop shouting at 'Combat now). Had to fetch Cynic's gf back but hey, no prob. A very intelligent person and with me being slightly fuzzy I had to make sure topics were rather mundane (but then again I probably come off to her as very ignorant already).

At 3am the weather was absolutely beautiful! Rain! Heavy heavy rain! Strong winds! And I'd to meet Andrew and Paul etc at the padang, where Paul asked if I was interested in taking up aviation. Seems like my wearing glasses are not a problem as my power isn't high. And if the fees are expensive there's such thing called a 15-year bond with MAS. Oh wait, here I am, ex-Guardian pharmacist with good locum pay, of the second last batch to avoid being bonded to the government. Have yet to venture into the sales line, or the clinical research line, or back to the hospital line (private, mind you), or even the medical writing line.

Hmmm...definitely would give it plenty of thought.

No comments: